On 2014-03-11 20:28:58 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> said:

On 3/11/14, 11:23 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
[1] http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP43
[2] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dmd/tree/d-objc

Wow, this is fantastic. Congratulations!

Upon a quick scan, the DIP seems tasteful and well put together. Let's see how to merge this into dmd!

Honestly, I don't think it's ready to be part of the official distribution (no memory management being the worse issue). But it doesn't mean it shouldn't be merged. You need to compile it with the D_OBJC define to get a compiler with Objective-C capabilities, which means that those capabilities don't necessarily need to be part of the official distribution even if the changes are merged.

So merge ahead.

Also, I'll be glad to participate in the review given I wrote most of that code.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.ca