This is really awesome work. If you combined ARM support with Objective C support, it would mean you could write iOS programs in D without much frustration, and that would be a huge step forward. Objective C has a good runtime, but lacks templates and CTFE. Using CTFE for an iOS program could be very cool.

How do you plan to handle automatic reference counting? I imagine that's a hard part. When I was writing Objective C I remember having to write bridged casts so I could manually extend or limit object lifetime, but I never handled it from within a C library.