On Friday, 28 March 2014 at 11:59:47 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
If it's just a preprocessor, I guess string mixins with delight don't compile.

In theory there should be no reason it cannot. Assuming its not doing something like reading files (note you can catch this and say not at CTFE).
Proof that a preprocessor can be used for this [0].

Yes a macro preprocessor that runs at compile time.

[0] https://github.com/rikkimax/ctfepp/blob/master/source/main.d

I'm asking because from experience the difference in design between allowing it to run at CTFE and not is quite big. And without getting heavy into it and understanding the code base I cannot go confirm that.