On Sunday, 6 April 2014 at 16:46:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 4/6/14, 3:31 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
What I mean is the current semantics of enum are as they are for historical reasons, not because they make (more) sense (than other possibilities). You showed a lot of examples that makes sense only because you are used to the current semantics, not because they are the
only option or the option that makes the most sense.

Is it better to redesign enum semantics now? Probably not, but I'm just
saying :)

I fully agree. In my opinion, too, the enum design in D is suboptimal.

Andrei

Hey bearophile - I rest my case...

-Eric