On Friday, 25 April 2014 at 12:18:41 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Friday, 25 April 2014 at 11:11:18 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
On Friday, 25 April 2014 at 10:20:47 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On Friday, 25 April 2014 at 10:02:45 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Friday, 25 April 2014 at 09:45:06 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
Also when using things like __LINE__ keep them to template args, as they are inferred to the initiation if possible.

This is antipattern. Default function arguments for __LINE__ and __FILE__ are also evaluated at call site. Moving this to template parameter creates huge amount of template bloat and must be used only if there is no other way around (that usually implies variadic arguments)

True in this specific case it might be over the top.

It was a template parameter before anyway. Also, this is for acceptance/feature/integration testing, so I doubt anyone would care how much bloat it generates as long as it gets the job done.

It will hurt build-times, so it's worth avoiding.

Normally I'd agree. But it'll take longer to run the server and the tests themselves than it'll take to build anyway, so it really doesn't matter that much.

Now, if it were for _unit_ tests... hmm, speaking of which I should probably try and optimise that for unit-threaded. But that means profiling the compiler I guess.

Atila