On Friday, 9 May 2014 at 16:09:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/9/14, 2:44 AM, simendsjo wrote:
On 05/09/2014 11:32 AM, Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On 5/9/14, simendsjo via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
I'm unable to find the HN link. This search shows the reddit link and a link straight to the forum. I even tried to go through several pages of "newest" on HN doing a search for "tkd" without any luck. Did it get
deleted..?

We should just link to the post with some "remove me" characters. E.g.:

https://<remove_me>news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7716010

You copy-paste the URL, and that should avoid any issues with
hotlinking, wouldn't it?

Thanks. There's no tracking info in the url, so it it's probably the
best way as long as the search site doesn't work as intended.

I thought they track the referrer, no?

Anyhow if I go to https://hn.algolia.com/#!/story/forever/0/Tkd the story is the second hit.

Andrei

If you go to an address from the url bar rather than clicking a
link, most browsers won't include a referrer. If you used https
to access the forums, it likely would not include a referrer
either.