woudl be nice to have some sort of example by example comparison
or as an extension to the page http://dlang.org/cpptod.html

Am 28.05.2014 07:40, schrieb Jesse Phillips:
On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 05:30:18 UTC, Philippe Sigaud via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
I did a translation of most of the code in the slides.

I'm planning to transform it into blog post (or series). Right
now it just
has some scratch notes. Feel free to let me know everything I
got wrong.

That's a good idea. I think most of us did that while listening
to the
talk. I kept telling myself: 'oh wait, that'd simpler in D' or
does not exist in D'.

As for the class inheritance problem, I'd also be interested in
an answer.

When he explained why C++ inferred a const int type as int, he
tripped me up because D does drop const for value types. But D
does the simple to explain thing, may not be the expected thing
(seen questions about it in D.learn), but it is simple to explain.

              • ... Simen Kjærås via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... safety0ff via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Regan Heath via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Scott Meyers' DConf 20... Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-announce