woudl be nice to have some sort of example by example comparison
or as an extension to the page http://dlang.org/cpptod.html

Am 28.05.2014 07:40, schrieb Jesse Phillips:
On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 05:30:18 UTC, Philippe Sigaud via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
I did a translation of most of the code in the slides.

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/72b5cfcb72e4

I'm planning to transform it into blog post (or series). Right
now it just
has some scratch notes. Feel free to let me know everything I
got wrong.

That's a good idea. I think most of us did that while listening
to the
talk. I kept telling myself: 'oh wait, that'd simpler in D' or
'that
does not exist in D'.

As for the class inheritance problem, I'd also be interested in
an answer.

When he explained why C++ inferred a const int type as int, he
tripped me up because D does drop const for value types. But D
does the simple to explain thing, may not be the expected thing
(seen questions about it in D.learn), but it is simple to explain.

              • ... Simen Kjærås via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... safety0ff via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Regan Heath via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Scott Meyers' DConf 20... Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-announce