On Monday, 9 June 2014 at 18:51:53 UTC, Ryan Voots wrote:
It definitely looks interesting. The 64bit MT is definitely something I'm after. I have a particularly strange need with PRNGs though. I need to easily make a bunch of child RNGs based off a master RNG. Nothing cryptographic about it but solely to make reasoning about generating random maps and worlds easier. That way changing one part of the algorithm (say city placement) doesn't affect how the map itself is generated, or vice-versa. It sounds like the reference types here would actually make my life much easier since I'd need to pass in RNGs into each section of the generation and would let me be a bit looser with how carefully i have to control access to them which is a good thing.

Sounds interesting -- I seem to recall we had some discussion
about this a while back ... ?  Anyway, glad to hear that the
library may be useful for you.  Let me know how you get on! :-)