On 12/06/14 19:40, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable trusting such a tool. Besides, I
find that upgrading a codebase to a newer language version is one of the
most trivial tasks I ever face in software development - even in D.

It's a cute trick, but not a worthwhile use of development resources.

I think the complete opposite. I migrated a Rails 2.3 app to Rails 3.x and from Ruby 1.8 to 1.9, it was an enormous task. Took probably six months. Also, it doesn't help to not have any tests and Ruby code in the database.

--
/Jacob Carlborg
  • Re: Lang.NEXT panel Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce