On Friday, 13 June 2014 at 17:12:44 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 12:49:32 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

Virtual by default will not change. Being able to negate the "final:" label is nice to have but not a must. Adding a keyword for that doesn't scale - it would mean we'd need to add one keyword to undo each label.

To that end, I thought we were moving towards a more scalable solution: like !final or final!false or final(false), which could be nice for metaprogramming.

Yes that was the decision, and with the advantage that the
parameter can be computed at compile time.