On Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 00:43:38 UTC, Damian Day wrote:
I'm not sure you'd want to do that. The DParser completion engine has a few features that DCD doesn't have. (I'm not sure if this is true the other way around)

That's true, but duplicated work and all that.. It would be a nice way to battle test DCD and the lexer.

Keep in mind that integrating a lexer/parser written in C# into an IDE written in C# is much easier than integrating libdparse would be. The same argument applies to Eclipse and Visual Studio.

I'm particularly interested in dscanner integration myself :)

Are you talking about displaying static analysis hints in the editor window, or something else?

Yes precisely.

This should be easy. I have Textadept set up to do this and the implementation is only a few lines long.

https://github.com/Hackerpilot/TextadeptModules/blob/master/modules/dmd/init.lua#L29-54