On Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 00:54:07 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
On Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 00:43:38 UTC, Damian Day wrote:
I'm not sure you'd want to do that. The DParser completion engine has a few features that DCD doesn't have. (I'm not sure if this is true the other way around)

That's true, but duplicated work and all that.. It would be a nice way to battle test DCD and the lexer.

Keep in mind that integrating a lexer/parser written in C# into an IDE written in C# is much easier than integrating libdparse would be. The same argument applies to Eclipse and Visual Studio.

Invoking stuff is easy. I'd rather reimplement the communication to the dcd server instead to not get such a bottleneck if you're on windows or typing really fast. Executing an entire program for each keystroke is a real unsustainable solution, imho.

I'm particularly interested in dscanner integration myself :)

Are you talking about displaying static analysis hints in the editor window, or something else?

Yes precisely.

This should be easy. I have Textadept set up to do this and the implementation is only a few lines long.

https://github.com/Hackerpilot/TextadeptModules/blob/master/modules/dmd/init.lua#L29-54

This seems rather easy to implement.