On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:48:00 +0000
Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

> I don't see how infrequent, stable releases are more likely to
> provoke that reaction than frequent, unstable releases.
"stability" is something that cannot be achieved in living language.
and having official releases with new features is important to show
that project is alive and "mature".

i myself using dmd-git-head and heavily ;-) patched gdc, but when i
tried to convince my co-workers to use D, they looked at the page with
releases first. not feature list or some comparisons. neither to
"buglist". "as this is relatively young language, it must have frequent
releases with bugfixes and new features!" they tolerate some
regressions in some releases, but they want to see that releases.

don't ask me why they thinking like this. i don't know. but it's the
fact.

  • D 2.066 is out. Enjoy! Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D 2.066 is out. En... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: D 2.066 is out... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D 2.066 is... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D 2.066 is... bearophile via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: D 2.06... bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: D 2.06... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... safety0ff via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... safety0ff via Digitalmars-d-announce