On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 17:11:19 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 17:08:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/19/2014 7:01 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> Walter, now that release is out can you please state your
opinion about
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3651 ? It
is blocking Phobos
> module split and decoupling.

I keep thinking there's gotta be a way to do this without language changes.

Any specific ideas? I can't imagine any clean solution - and proposed language extensions fits naturally into existing system without introducing any new concepts. It is also somewhat frequently asked about in NG.

To put it differently - this issue is a very real blocker for some of planned Phobos changes (pretty much anything that is going to use package.d) and it has been hanging around for a long time. If you are going to propose alternative solution I'd be very glad to see it sooner than later as everyone else who has commented on that topic seems to be satisfied with the proposal.