On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 14:36:59 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
As I see on the realistic example of datetime, which is BIG, we only need to split it into a flat set of files without an overly deep package hierarchy.

We _may_ split it into flat set files (solving only part of the problem) but it is desirable to have a deeper package hierarchy. Package hierarchy is not just an encapsulation tool, it is also a great way to simplify navigation and finding needed modules - something that Phobos is current terrible at exactly because of flat hierarchies.