On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 14:40:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 14:36:59 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
As I see on the realistic example of datetime, which is BIG, we only need to split it into a flat set of files without an overly deep package hierarchy.

We _may_ split it into flat set files (solving only part of the problem) but it is desirable to have a deeper package hierarchy. Package hierarchy is not just an encapsulation tool, it is also a great way to simplify navigation and finding needed modules - something that Phobos is current terrible at exactly because of flat hierarchies.

What is difficult to find? With flat structure you have all files right before your eyes. If you need std.datetime.systime module, you open std/datetime/systime.d file - that's the reason of needlessly restricting code structure with modules as if one size fits all.