On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 14:40:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 14:36:59 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
As I see on the realistic example of datetime, which is BIG, we only need to split it into a flat set of files without an overly deep package hierarchy.

We _may_ split it into flat set files (solving only part of the problem) but it is desirable to have a deeper package hierarchy. Package hierarchy is not just an encapsulation tool, it is also a great way to simplify navigation and finding needed modules - something that Phobos is current terrible at exactly because of flat hierarchies.

And with an excessively deep folder structure it will be much more tedious to walk the whole thing. It's deep nesting, which will make things hard to find.
              • R... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: F... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Fix #2529: explicit pro... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce