On Sunday, 24 August 2014 at 14:04:22 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 13:44:07 +0000
Mike via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com>
wrote:

p.s. what i did is this:

  auto tm = Timer();
  tm.start;
  foreach (; 0..100) {
    auto n2d = Noise2DContext(0);
    foreach (i; 0..100) {
      foreach (y; 0..256) {
        foreach (x; 0..256) {
          auto v = n2d.get(x * 0.1f, y * 0.1f) *
            0.5f + 0.5f;
          pixels[y*256+x] = v;
        }
      }
    }
  }
  tm.stop;
  writeln(tm.toString);

Timer is my simple timer class which uses MonoTime to measure intervals. this shows ~22 seconds for both variants, with #6 and without #6.

and 57 seconds for variants without sse3 flags. ;-)

I'm guessing the dependency is probably due to our configure/build of GDC. I'm using Arch Linux 64's default GDC from their repository. Perhaps it's configured in a way that has these optimizations on by default. It probably should.

Mike