On Friday, 22 August 2014 at 21:41:13 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
On 8/23/14, 3:33 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 8/22/14, 10:05 AM, John Colvin wrote:
As I'm sure has been mentioned elsewhere, the website changes should be
part of the release process, not an afterthought.

Agreed. Who would like to volunteer being our webmaster? We'll discuss
with our admin to give push rights. -- Andrei

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I need access. I did the update for every beta/RC. This one was not an oversight, I intentionally did not update the page. Given the right to push the update, I will, But I'm not going to sit around creating pull requests for one a line delete or one character edit and the wait 24hour+ for it to be published before I can proceed with what I'm doing.

Then again, if that's required is a cronjob as Brad has suggested, then I guess the problem is solved.

I was waiting few days for someone to update the main page before I lost patience and created the pull-request. Even worse - it was not accepted until I explicitly asked Andrej to merge it on IRC...

This said I am afraid I will have to agree with conclusion that our release manager will have to push the change of the main page with updated details, after each release.