Thanks a lot for the respond!

Does the user sees/uses this name in any way afterwards? Because I think you could also produce a unique string at compile-time (by using __FILE__ and __LINE__, unless someone has a better idea), if the user does not provide one. Maybe he just wants an anonymous daemon, or
doesn't care, whatever.
Yes, the name is used in windows service manager (you can start/stop the daemon by control panel) and for default locations of .pid and .lock files. Auto generated name will prevent sending signals and could be ugly displayed in service manager. The feature is useful for simple daemons, I will play around with that idea to find out if it worth.

If I understand correctly, the Daemon template waits for a list of (at least one) Signal, then a delegate, then some more Signals, another
delegate, and so on?

If that's so I think you could ditch KeyValueList (or build it
invisibly to the user) and let the user write only the signals and
delegates:

alias daemon = Daemon!(
    Signal.Terminate, Signal.Quit, Signal.Shutdown, Signal.Stop,
    (logger, signal) {
    ...},
    Signal.Hangup,
    (logger) {
    ...}
);

Iterate the argument list, collecting Signals. When you hit a
delegate, create a Composition!( ... ) with the previous signals, jump
above the delegate and so on.
I will add the approach in next release (it requires some more additional templates to wrap all the mess) thanks to arguments "grammar" has no ambiguities.

Is the idea that, if the delegate has two arguments, then the second
is the signal that will be passed to it, and if it has only one
argument, only the logger will be passed?
Yes

What if the user does not want a logger? Is a daemon always associated
to a log file in OSes?
It is a general rule as the stderr and stdout files are closed. At next version I want to use duck typing for logger (or sink approach same as toString uses) and add a feature to reopen stderr/stdout to another file.

Is the main function always the last delegate?
Yes

Concerning the DaemonClient template, could you not ask for Daemon to
generate it on demand? Or is DaemonClient always used in another
module?
DaemonClient is designed to be used in another module, you can send signals with full Daemon template.

What happens when an unhandled signal is passed to a daemon?
The event is logged down and ignored.

Do you foresee any difficulty in adapting this to Mac?
All logic should be the same as for linux, I just don't have any machine to test
all out. I hope virtual machine will help.

I have a few questions/remarks, mainly to simplify the API somewhat.
Please bear with me :-)

// First you need to describe your daemon via template
alias daemon = Daemon!(
    "DaemonizeExample1", // unique name

Does the user sees/uses this name in any way afterwards? Because I think you could also produce a unique string at compile-time (by using __FILE__ and __LINE__, unless someone has a better idea), if the user does not provide one. Maybe he just wants an anonymous daemon, or
doesn't care, whatever.

    // Setting associative map signal -> callbacks
    KeyValueList!(

[...]

    // Main function where your code is
    (logger, shouldExit) {
        // will stop the daemon in 5 minutes
        auto time = Clock.currSystemTick +
cast(TickDuration)5.dur!"minutes";
while(!shouldExit() && time > Clock.currSystemTick) { }

        return 0;
    }

Is the main function always the last delegate?

Concerning the DaemonClient template, could you not ask for Daemon to
generate it on demand? Or is DaemonClient always used in another
module?

Because, given a Daemon, extracting the simplified DaemonClient can be
done, I think.

* Custom signals

enum Signal : string
{ ... }

@nogc Signal customSignal(string name) @safe pure nothrow
{
    return cast(Signal)name;
}

I didn't know you could have an enum and extend it with a cast like this. Wow.

* Signal composition

What happens when an unhandled signal is passed to a daemon?

P.S. At the moment library doesn't support Mac and other Posix systems, the
support is going to be added at next releases.

Do you foresee any difficulty in adapting this to Mac?