On 05/09/14 00:05, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

True, but I'm now convinced that most likely, an IDE/editor architecture
where most (if not all) of semantic analysis and operations are
performed by an external tool, is the way forward. (Steve Teale made a
case for this in a post quite some time ago, I wasn't that convinced
then, but I am now)

Perhaps I'm nitpicking but an external tools doesn't sound like a good idea. A completely separate library that can be shared among tools and be integrated into an IDE, absolutely yes. But not a tool.

--
/Jacob Carlborg