On 05/09/2014 00:23, Brian Schott wrote:
On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 22:05:35 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
BTW, what is the relation of dscanner to DCD? Or more precisely, why
are they separate tools?..

Originally there was just dscanner. One of the things that it did was
autocomplete. It wasn't very good at this for a variety of reasons. One
of them was that being a plain command-line tool, it had to re-parse
EVERYTHING every time you asked for autocomplete.

Over time I split the project three ways: The parser/lexer/ast is now
libdparse, the autocomplete functionality is in DCD, and static analysis
and other stuff is in dscanner.

The reason I ask is because there seems to be some functionality only present in dscanner that would be useful for IDEs too, such as "dscanner --declaration"

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros