On 10/10/2014 12:37 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
It was my impression that phobos in a shared library would soon become the
default on linux, i.e. any application would use it by default. In that case,
all supported GCs might actually have to be included in the shared library.

The options to embed into the application are used to get the best performance
for the specific task using any GC available through the shared library. That
could include enabling/disabling preciseness, tweaking initial pool sizes and
increase strategy or disabling the final collection that even runs if the GC is
disabled (and might be useful only for a very limited number of application).

If there were multiple GCs, I suspect that having each GC in its own shared library would be a better option than lumping them all in one.

But currently (!) I think the use for switching GCs between the concurrent and non-concurrent one is simply for evaluation purposes.