On Friday, 10 October 2014 at 07:37:49 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
It was my impression that phobos in a shared library would soon become the default on linux, i.e. any application would use it by default. In that case, all supported GCs might actually have to be included in the shared library.

This doesn't mean that all GC implementations need to be put into single Phobos distrubution. I doubt it is a good idea.

Better approach would be to separate libdruntime.so from libphobos.so again and provide separate libdruntime.so distributions with different GC implementations (with one being the default)