On Thursday, 23 October 2014 at 07:09:04 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 October 2014 at 20:06:43 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 10/6/2014 9:51 AM, Dicebot wrote:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/985

Thank you. This is great progress!

I understand the caveats, but can this be put into a shape where it can be pulled despite being a work in progress? I.e. have the code be disabled by default? That will help encourage the community to help out with the gaps.

BTW, why not dub package? GC is pluggable, so can be shipped as a 3rd-party library.

Currently druntime is packaged as part of Phobos library binary so I don't see easy way to do it. It could be possible to do the replacement at the startup using GC Proxy instrastructure but CDGC does not currently support it (though it is not complicated to do).
              • ... Regan Heath via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D2 por... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: D2... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D2 por... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: D2... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D2 port of Soc... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: D2 port of... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D2 por... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: D2... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Mathias LANG via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: D2 port of Socioman... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce