Thanks.

I am slowly getting to grips with all these post-stone age innovations...

On Wednesday, 5 November 2014 at 20:24:41 UTC, Matt Soucy wrote:
On 11/05/2014 01:12 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
Hi.

Everyone has heard of ZeroMQ, but the creator (or one of the main guys) has been working on a successor framework written in C. (He has an interesting paper on why using C++ was a mistake - perhaps we should get him to look at D if he has not done so already).

In any case, I could not see a set of D bindings so I wrote a very rough first draft of them last night. I only picked up D a couple of months back, and it's been about twenty years since I wrote much C (I am not a developer by trade), so be kind if the results are not yet quite up to scratch.

Link to the repository is here - not even worthy of alpha status:
https://github.com/Laeeth/d-nanomsg/tree/master

So far I have tried the first example from here (which works), and am working my way down to test the others:

http://tim.dysinger.net/posts/2013-09-16-getting-started-with-nanomsg.html

A few small suggestions:

Use a .gitignore so you're not tracking the objects and executables Convert to a dub package to make it easier for other people to incorporate into their projects
Split out the "test" code from the "library" code