On Wednesday, 26 November 2014 at 10:34:24 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
Main page:

  http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/

1) For the first time, there are eBook formats:

http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/Programming_in_D_Ali_Cehreli.ALPHA.epub

http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/Programming_in_D_Ali_Cehreli.ALPHA.mobi

I used 'calibre' to generate those "alpha" quality books. I chose epub and mobi just because I thought that they are the most common formats. Just let me know if you need another format or simply use 'calibre' or another tool yourself. :)

2) There has been a lot of work to make the book ready for its first print edition. (I will spare you the details of countless hours of extra work that went into this "eternal final step".)

The PDF version finally looks a lot like a real book:

* There is a Table of Contents section

* There is an Index section

* The internal links work

3) There are two new chapters:

* Lvalues and Rvalues

* Nested Functions, Structs, and Classes

4) There are the following notable additions to existing chapters:

* 'pragma' is added to the Templates chapter

* Special keywords are added to the Templates chapter (__FILE__, __LINE__, etc.)

* Contract inheritance is added to the 'Contract Programming for Structs and Classes' chapter

* The .offsetof property and the 'align' atribute are added to the 'Memory Management' chapter

5) I am grateful to Andrej Mitrović, Steven Schveighoffer, and Luís Marques, who accepted to edit the book. However, they are through only less than 10% of the book so far. As always, current or future mistakes are mine. :)

Ali

I can't seem to get the .mobi and .epub files to work. I have
tried both with Googles play book and aldiko. I'm on a Nexus 9.
Thanks for the book.

/Nick