On Sunday, 30 November 2014 at 00:20:57 UTC, Dylan Knutson wrote:
On Thursday, 27 November 2014 at 19:16:24 UTC, gedaiu wrote:
Hi,

In the last weeks I tried to make a draft for a mvc library. I tried to take advantage of templates, uda and ctfe to make the interaction with the database and the routing easier. There is still a lot of work to do for making it ready to work in production... but anyway.. what do you think?

https://github.com/gedaiu/crate.d

Thanks,
Bogdan

Hi,

I noticed you had your own templating library to parse the .dh files, so I thought I'd mention my project Temple which does something similar: https://github.com/dymk/temple It's perhaps a bit more feature complete, and can handle stuff like capturing blocks of code, render to arbitrary output ranges, etc. That being said, your solution is very nice; it's amazing what you can do in so few lines of code in D :)

MongoModel in the model part of crate.d is interesting, and I'm glad to see there's a more structured way of interacting with MongoDB than just poking at untyped objects. I think D is still missing a really good ORM (Rikki's dvorm is a start), but there's nothing out there that conforms to the "activerecord" pattern as far as I can tell.

Hi,

I seen the Temple library and I was thinking to use it, but I did not had time to look in more details on it. It looks very nice and I will use it for sure.

The solution that I found with the dh files is just a temporary and it should be rewritten as soon as I will find a good solution for the models.

Regarding the models I tried to implement something that comforms with "activerecord" in the past, but I failed big time... I intend to do a similar interface for relational databases too, but I don't know right now how I should treat the joins...

@Rikki nice job with your projects. I did not know about them and I will take a look on them these days.

Thanks,
Bogdan