On Sunday, 30 November 2014 at 17:59:06 UTC, ponce wrote:
On Friday, 28 November 2014 at 16:39:38 UTC, Basile Burg wrote:
Hello, a new release of Coedit[MainPage], the small open-source D IDE for Windows and Linux, is released. Here is a paste of the release log.

Messages:
=========
- redesigned the widget: a toolbar at the top allows to filter the messages according to a category, either all, editor (focused editor messages), project, misc (messages from the custom tools) or application (Coedit warnings or exceptions). - custom tools messages are redirected if poUsePipes is defined in the tool options. - errors messages are not split anymore (e.g: instantiated from here...) thus less confusing.

Miscellaneous:
==============
- non D files syntax highlighter: txt, md, etc. Automatically set when opening a file. - the project inspector displays the items from the project "Path" options (-I, -J, additional sources).
- Zoom in,out editor with Ctrl++, Ctrl+-, restore with Ctrl+.
- The static explorer widget scans in background, "refresh on change", "refresh on focus" does not freeze the GUI anymore.
- various bug fixed and small improvements.
- pre-build binaries include an up-to-date DCD build.
- refer to the wiki[WikiPage] for more information about the changes and the new features.

Pre-build binaries are available from the [ReleasePage].

[MainPage]: https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit
[ReleasePage]: https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/releases
[WikiPage]:https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/wiki

Baz.

Looks pretty cool but why not support DUB projects directly instead of your own format?

Mostly because when I started "dmd_wrap.pas" (June) I had never used DUB at all. A bit as a matter of style too since the project things are done the way I like to program in Pascal (properties, component streaming, and now the RTTI grid).

Later (end of August) I've changed the code to allow the pre-compilation process to be set on DUB (see wiki, tutos, [Build with DUB]). Maybe you've noticed it's possible since you've written 'why not...directly'.

Now I just wait for the right idea to pop up but just as a hint I would say that LoadProjectFromDubFile() and SaveProjectToDubFile() is quite faisable.

[Build with DUB]: https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/wiki#using-dub-in-coedit-as-a-project-pre-build-process