Embarassingly trivial, and I don't claim it is well-written. But perhaps it will save somebody a few minutes.

Quandl is "The largest, most usable collection of free open data in the world".

They offer a bunch of predominantly financial and economic data from different sources for free (with a pretty generous API allowance) and plan to earn a buck down the line selling commercial data and being a platform for distribution. Given the situation with Bloomberg (the banks are not terribly happy following the JPM whale/Bloomberg journalism revelations) and structural change in the market for data, this is an intriguing platform.

In any case, I ported the sample C++ API to D, which was more a question of deleting redundant lines and using std.net.curl then anything else. Perhaps someone will find it useful.

https://github.com/Laeeth/d-quandl

Laeeth.