On Monday, 22 December 2014 at 08:43:56 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
Last one for a while, I think. I wish you all a very peaceful Christmas and New Year, and let's hope 2015 brings some more positive energy to the world.

Links here:
https://github.com/Laeeth/d_simplex
https://github.com/Laeeth/d_swisseph

1. D bindings/wrappers for the swiss ephemeris

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swephinfo_e.htm
"The SWISS EPHEMERIS is the high precision ephemeris developed by Astrodienst, largely based upon the DExxx ephemerides from NASA's JPL . The original release in 1997 was based on the DE405/406 ephemeris. Since release 2.00 in February 2014, it is based on the DE431 ephemeris released by JPL in September 2013".

NB - Swiss Ephemeris is not free for commercial use.
====
2. D port of simple Nelder-Mead simplex minimisation (written by Michael F. Hutt in original C version) here. With constraints. From Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelder-Mead_method
"The Nelder–Mead method or downhill simplex method or amoeba method is a commonly used nonlinear optimization technique, which is a well-defined numerical method for problems for which derivatives may not be known. However, the Nelder–Mead technique is a heuristic search method that can converge to non-stationary points[1] on problems that can be solved by alternative methods".
====

Links here:
https://github.com/Laeeth/d_simplex
https://github.com/Laeeth/d_swisseph

It's been ages since I read the paper, but there is a parallel version of Nelder-Mead that is supposed to give very large performance improvements, even when used on a single processor:

http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kyleklein/publications/neldermead.pdf

It is not difficult to implement. I may look into modifying your code to implement it when I get some time.