On 29/12/2014 10:33 p.m., Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 09:30:40 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 07:35:13 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
ah, and another thing: freeimage sux for GNU/Linux. it looks completely
alien and no sane GUI software requires it. i didn't looked at the
code, but i hope that image loading is well abstracted in DlangUI? if
it is, i can try to write a loaders for png and jpg (jpg? in GUI? holy
heavens, why?!).

it's better to check if the system has the corresponding libraries with
corresponding versions (imlib2 rocks, for example), but i suppose that
dub cannot into configure checks, am i right?

Initially, I've used libpng for loading images.
But it is compatible only with some particular version of libpng.so
API version is passed somwhere in calls, and doesn't work with updated
library.
I've tried to find some replacement for it, and found FreeImage (there
was Derelict suport for it, and it was used in some D projects).
Probably, it makes sense to move to SDL_image. But it looks like it
requires SDL as dependency.
Does it work ok on linux?
Let me check imlib2 as well.

BTW, there is de_image package - "Image loading and exporting
Devisualization".
It's native D implementation, and possible if PNG only is enough, it
makes sense to use it.
Did some try de_image?

Author here.
Devisualization.Image png support is not complete.
But should be fine for RGBA images.
Interlacing is not done, however should be pretty easy to implement. I just haven't really wrapped my head around how to do and undo Adam7.

There is much more complete implementations in e.g. ae with support for jpeg, bmp, tiff ext. However my reasons for Devisualization.Image is = less code to compile in. Highly scoped.