I've ported DWM to D as a learning exercise and thought I'd share it. The repository can be found here:

(Beware, I've only tested it on Arch-Linux 64 bit for about 1 day!)

DWM is a minimalist dynamic window manager from suckless. More details on DWM can be found here

The "cport" branch is where I've done as little as possible to port the C code to D. It really looks like C code and is basically the DWM code compiling with DMD.

Under the "Downloads" section is a build of ddwm-cport to try out if anyone is interested, or build from source as it's pretty easy with dub.

The master branch is where I'm learning D, trying new Phobos functions and D style coding. I'm then comparing how the D-style version performs with DDWM.cport and the original DWM in terms of speed and memory.

I don't expect the master branch to be stable but cport should work fine.