On Mon 07/10/2013 21:18, qznc wrote:
I believe one of the things D needs right now is more documentation.
Therefore, I started writing a tutorial.

It is aimed at people who can already program well in other languages.
This means nothing about loops or structs, because I expect most people
to know this stuff. I do not consider D to be a language for beginners
anyways.

It is aiming for pragmatic not comprehensive advice. For example, I
mostly ignore LDC and GDC except for the optimization chapter.

Since I am working on Linux exclusively and I like the command line, I
cannot teach to Windows users. Sorry.

This is still very incomplete and my our newborn family member requires
quite some attention. So expect this to develop with glacial speed. ;)

Nevertheless, I want to put this version 0.1 out to get some feedback.
What do you think about the topic selection? What topics are missing?
Serious errors so far?

http://beza1e1.tuxen.de/d-tut-0.1/index.html

Wreck it! :)

Is this still being updated?
It fairly extensive. How much of this is integrated in wiki/dlang?