On 2/17/15 3:49 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Tue, 2015-02-17 at 16:40 +1300, Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:

[…]
Just let me know any improvements that could be made. Updates are
free after all! (Leanpub is amazing, what with markdown writing and
all).

How did you find Markdown for writing a book?

My prejudice is that you need XeLaTeX or AsciiDoc for large document
writing, especially when targeting press PDF.

Mine too. However, PDF is for fixed layout and any future book should aim at flexible format or at least multiple fixed layouts.

I think Markdown's use for a book is "works, won't ever win an interior design contest".

TDPL's second edition will most likely use ddoc macros to generate LaTeX, HTML, and a couple of ebook formats.

Andrei