On Monday, 23 February 2015 at 01:14:29 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Here's the newest This Week in D, the big news being ddmd and the dmd beta.

http://arsdnet.net/this-week-in-d/feb-22.html

The tip of this week has to do with installation: as a Slackware user, the new download page made me feel left out, but the zip still works the same, so I decided to call that out so people who want to try the new version will know too.

Also on Reddit, hopefully we can get some more dconf attention:
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2wtkgz/this_week_in_d_6_dconf_ddmd_dmd_beta_return_ref/

I think you should note that ddmd only ports the dmd frontend to D, not any of the backends. The way you describe the port now might mislead some into thinking the entire compiler has been ported.