On Saturday, 21 March 2015 at 15:57:54 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
"Kingsley" <kingsley.hendric...@gmail.com> writes:

In preparation for the London D meetup I have got the DTanks robot battle framework into the first alpha release state - good enough to
use at the meetup anyway.

DTanks looks cool!  I am going to have to try it.  Brings back

I got hooked on the Apple ][ version (http://corewar.co.uk/robotwar/) back in the 80's and started a version for the Amiga called "Tonks" but
it never got off the drawing board.  I've always loved this game
concept. Even did a version to run each tank on a node of an Intel
Hypercube as a school project.

Cool - feel free to give me any feedback. At the London D programmers meetup we had a tank tournament which was great fun. Some of the guys who came had not done D before - they were Scala / Java guys - but really enjoyed playing with D by way of the tanks game.

There should be a video of the tournament emerging at some point from SkillsMatter who sponsor the meetup as they filmed it.