On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 11:25 +0000, wobbles via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

> > Thanks for all who came to the D meetup. The champion tank of
> > the evening goes to runaway.d by Justin & Priya which defeated
> > all challengers swiftly and in style :)
> >
> > Looking forward to the next meetup.
>
> Any videos of the fights? (Or were they all robot fights?)

The activity was captured by the good folk of Skills Matter.

It is worth noting the name of the winning "tank" exemplified it's
strategy. It can be characterized by a quote from Monty Python and the
Holy Grail:  run away, run away.

Whilst there, I didn't get around to writing a tank strategy, I spent
too long looking at, and analysing, Kingsley's little framework – oh
and chatting with Laeeth about D, Go, computational finance, etc.

Kingsley's code is (mostly) great; hopefully I and others can help
evolve this via pull requests, to be something we can put before CAS
and others for inclusion in Key Stage 3 and 4 educational materials.
<Long explanation of new UK computing education system elided.> This
would be a great way of getting young people interested in native code
after Scratch and Python. D and Java would be a good combination.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net