On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 12:48:04 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
My personal opinion about the article - people may hate D equally for being "too pragmatic". That

Yeah, well, both the D/Go communities use the term "pragmatic" to gloss over underwhelming design issues in D/Go, and makes a point of how D/Go is deliberately not being a research language, yet still claim that D/Go bring novel features... although neither D or Go bring anything new to the table. I.e.just about all the major concepts in D/Go are 30-50 years old...

It is mostly a case of inexperienced programmers not knowing PL history becoming fanbois of new languages. Kind of like the OS wars of the 1990s.