On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 15:54:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 12:48:04 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
My personal opinion about the article - people may hate D equally for being "too pragmatic". That

Yeah, well, both the D/Go communities use the term "pragmatic" to gloss over underwhelming design issues in D/Go, and makes a point of how D/Go is deliberately not being a research language, yet still claim that D/Go bring novel features... although neither D or Go bring anything new to the table. I.e.just about all the major concepts in D/Go are 30-50 years old...

It need not be new, it needs to be good. That's all. I don't understand this obsession people have with new things, as if they were automatically good only because they are new. Why not try square wheels? Uh, it's new, you know.

It is mostly a case of inexperienced programmers not knowing PL history becoming fanbois of new languages. Kind of like the OS wars of the 1990s.