On 3/27/2015 1:20 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
I'm no Go expert, but AIUI, Go seems to be one of those languages that considers
*lacking* certain features to *be* a feature. Ie the whole "minimalism" approach
to language design. For people who value that (not for me personally though),
it's a feature D doesn't offer and deliberately doesn't try to.

That's right. What a minimal language does is transfer the work from the compiler to the programmer. Obviously, I prefer to transfer the work to the compiler.

After all, if you're going to be spending 8 hours a day programming, investing a few more hours to learn the language is nothing compared with the time savings from using a more powerful one.