Am 28.03.2015 um 15:33 schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce:
On Sat, 2015-03-28 at 12:52 +0100, Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
[…]

You can access TLS from an event callback just as easy as from a
fiber.
[…]

TLS is the evil here. Anyone working with TLS is either writing an
operating system or doing it wrong.

As long as we are talking about a closed system that works exclusively on this fiber based concurrency model, I completely agree with you (fiber local storage would be fine, though).

But we have the "unfortunate" situation that the language is not an isolated ecosystem. There are many C libraries that do thread-specific things in one way or another, or worse, make use of ordinary global variables without any protection against data races, and we simply cannot ignore that.