On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 08:37:54 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
On Saturday, 28 March 2015 at 18:47:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/28/2015 3:20 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Personally, I'm not sure that much is gained in pitting Go against D precisely because they're so different that they're likely to appeal to
completely different sets of people.

I also do not regard Go as a competitor to D. It's more of a competitor to Java and Ruby.

How is Go a competitor to Ruby? I cannot think of a single parameter where Go and Ruby don't take the exact opposite approach!(other than the obvious ones like "both use require the programmer to write code")

I think it's more of a competitor to Rails. Ruby as a language is as you say very different from Go. Incidentally, it shows that it is possible to make a language simple without crippling it.