On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 12:21:01 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 02:15:38 UTC, cym13 wrote:
Moreover, it is possible to reach a good expressiveness (maybe not as good as python, but that's the whole goal of python so there's no shame in not matching it).

There are many alternatives to Python. Like Nim or Dart:

https://www.dartlang.org/articles/beyond-async/
https://www.dartlang.org/articles/await-async/

Nim seems quite interesting indeed, even if I'm not sure how well it scales. It looks like a language that is prowd of a heavy use of macros and DSL definition à la lisp. I know lisp enough to know that it's not a problem in itself, but that it should be developed wisely. It may look at first as a better alternative than D for a pure python developer, but I'll stick with D.

However, I can't see a pythonista being excited in Dart at all, at least not for what he finds in python. More restricted in any way, no clear functional orientation possible, a clear lack of expressiveness... D clearely has the advantage there.