On 3/29/15 4:43 AM, "Marc =?UTF-8?B?U2Now7x0eiI=?= <schue...@gmx.net>" wrote:
On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 08:37:54 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
On Saturday, 28 March 2015 at 18:47:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/28/2015 3:20 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Personally, I'm not sure that much is gained in pitting Go against D
precisely because they're so different that they're likely to appeal to
completely different sets of people.

I also do not regard Go as a competitor to D. It's more of a
competitor to Java and Ruby.

How is Go a competitor to Ruby? I cannot think of a single parameter
where Go and Ruby don't take the exact opposite approach!(other than
the obvious ones like "both use require the programmer to write code")

I think it's more of a competitor to Rails. Ruby as a language is as you
say very different from Go. Incidentally, it shows that it is possible
to make a language simple without crippling it.

... but efficiency. Ruby is 50 times slower than all languages, including itself.

Andrei