On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 08:37:54 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
On Saturday, 28 March 2015 at 18:47:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/28/2015 3:20 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Personally, I'm not sure that much is gained in pitting Go against D precisely because they're so different that they're likely to appeal to
completely different sets of people.

I also do not regard Go as a competitor to D. It's more of a competitor to Java and Ruby.

How is Go a competitor to Ruby? I cannot think of a single parameter where Go and Ruby don't take the exact opposite approach!(other than the obvious ones like "both use require the programmer to write code")

They appeal to programmer that prefers fashionable technology rather than technologies that solve problems.