On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 15:55:24 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
I started to work on cent/ucent support in LDC (and possible in upstream DMD). Here is the current state:

Hi, I appreciate all the work you're doing for LDC, but isn't ucent better implemented as a library type (e.g. as a FixNum struct for arbitrary fixed-size integers)? With the deprecation/removal of complex numbers, octal literals, and hex strings, I'm not sure if cent/ucent would pass the same inclusion requirements that those features didn't.

This doesn't necessarily obsolete your work - we could remove ucent from the language specification, but still expose the backend feature in some way that FixNum could use for added efficiency.

If there's already been a discussion about removing cent/ucent and I missed it, my apologies.