On Friday, 17 April 2015 at 21:34:07 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
On 17/04/2015 02:19, lobo wrote:
On Thursday, 16 April 2015 at 23:32:17 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
<snip>
I don't understand - how would an average member of the D community get into the DMD
package on dlang.org in order to apply these updates?

Get DMD, Druntime and Phobos and build them:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD

Why would one need to build DMD in order to make changes to a set of API bindings?

Make your changes and test.

Contribute your changes back to D using pull requests.
http://wiki.dlang.org/Pull_Requests

Has Walter promised us that every pull request for the WindowsAPI bindings will be put in right away?

Even if he had, what would be the point? It would greatly slow down the whole process. We have SVN repositories so that people can just put their updates straight in, and everyone else not only has access to the update straight away but can obtain it with either a one-line command line invocation or a few mouse clicks. The only problem is that the SVN server that is currently hosting the bindings doesn't work properly. We already have a potential solution: moving it across to Github. As such, I'm going to see if I can figure out how to do this.

Stewart.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were asking about how to contribute bindings back to Phobos.

bye,
lobo