A simple demonstration using D to bare-metal program and ARM
Cortex-M microcontroller. Full description with pictures and
even a video can be found here:
I know, random rectangles on a screen is not all that remarkable,
but there's quite a bit of work that needs to be done before one
can write their first pixel.
* Minimal D runtime
* Memory-mapped IO features
* Clock and flash memory configuration
* Software initialization (data and bss segments)
* SPI driver to configure the external LCD controller
* Internal parallel LCD controller configuration
* Hardware random number generator
EVERYTHING is in D. I've had this project on the back burner for
a while, and the Hackathon gave me the excuse I needed to get it
done. I didn't put a lot of effort into the code because I just
wanted to get something working to prove some ideas I had, and
show that D has some potential in this domain.
I hope you find it interesting. Ask me anything.