On Friday, 22 May 2015 at 13:12:28 UTC, JohnnyK wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Is the IDE ever going to be a full install package that can be deployed like the compiler (ie.. Windows setup, Linux package, or Mac install)? IMHO dub is too confusing, very proprietary and is not user friendly at all for people that are new to the language. An IDE with a nice install package for the OS your using would put it on par with every other language out there and make it seem more like a professional language system.

As far as I remember from the last time I built DlangIDE, it's as simple as cloning the source, opening a command prompt, and just typing "dub".